Replication fails on modifications

Hi...

I'm trying to set up a slave-slapd on our webserver that is
updated by slurpd if the entries in the original dir.
are changed.
All works well for add or delete operations, but if an
entry is changed by a modify operation slurpd fails.
It tells something about errors in the slapd.replog.
This is a small sample where it complains about the
phonenumber (I guess it's the empty field it doesn't
like)

CUTcutCUT
replica: www:3890
time: 930322512