Re: SSL/GSSAPI for OpenLDAP

At 03:01 PM 6/14/99 -0700, David Boreham wrote:
>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>
>> We need to sort out how much -llber should really know about the
>> streams it's reading/writing from.  It's my view that it should
>> very little.
>
>ACK. I modified the Netscape SDK code
>some time ago to allow the host app to
>supply data buffers it had got from wherever.

Yes, I have something quite similiar in mind...

The application should be able to specify any stream... it just needs
to act like a stream.  -llber should careless what type it actually
is.  It just needs to know how to do some basic I/O operations
upon it.  These should minimally include read and write operations.

Besides the SSL tangle, this should help with errno issues as well.

Kurt