Re: Strange errors with ldbmsearch (50,000 entries)

At 09:44 AM 6/8/99 -0000, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
>System: FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE
>OpenLDAP 1.2.3 compiled with BerkeleyDB 2.7.5
>I created an LDIF file of 50000 entries and used ldif2ldbm to add the
>entries in.

There should not be any problem with this.  You may want to
try adding with them with ldapadd to get schema checks.

>When I do an ldbmsearch for objectclass=*, it just prints 10 entries
>and stops. Then, I did an ldbmcat -n id2entry.dbb. It core dumped
>after printing out 49,959 entries.

As this with a released version, please submit an ITS with
debugger backtrace.

>Next, I did a ldbmtest
>and did a 'te' in the command prompt. For one run, I would get the
>following printed out
>
>ldbmtest in free(): warning: chunk is already free.

This indicates that a pointer was freed twice.... which implies
that the pointer was used after being freed (the first time).

This may be a completely independent bug.

>For a lot of runs, I would just get one entry printed out followed by
>a core dump
>
>Would appreciate any suggestions ?

Submit ITS with backtraces.  I'd be just grabbing at straws
to guess at what the problem might be without a backtrace.

>Is there any limit on the number of leaf entries in OpenLDAP ?

This is generally limited by the underlying database, not
back-ldbm.  I've built much larger directories using BerkeleyDB.

Kurt