Re: configure.in thread support for Solaris

> > With OpenLDAP 1.2.x, you must tell configure to ignore the
> > bogus pthread_create in $LIBS.  See the FAQ for details.
> >   http://www.OpenLDAP.org/faq/index.cgi?file=11
> What is suggested here does not work.

It apparently does for some folks on some version of Solaris.

> You also need to set
>         ol_cv_kthread_flag=no

Are you using a vendor provided compiler? or gcc/egcs or other?

I wasn't aware that the Solaris compiler/linker grok'ed -kthread.
If it does and it's not generating an error, I recommend updating
the Solaris hint (in the FAQ) with the additional requirement.

If using gcc/egcs or something else, I suggest adding
an additional answer under Solaris hint (in the FAQ) with
appropriate instructions.  (In this case, you may also want to
submit a patch to the gcc/egcs folks that implements
-kthread/-pthread behavior).

(note: the FAQ is interactive, feel free to add appropriate answers)

> > >LIBS="-lpthread -lposix4"
> FYI, it's suggested in ldap/doc/install/hints/Solaris.

I've updated this already in -devel and releng 1.2.

> BTW, are there any intentions of a document describing all the options
> to configure? I saw nothing on the web page to help explain them (and
> I know next to nothing about LDAP so I'm real confused).

The intention is to have them documented in the guide.
	cvs co openldap-guide

You are welcomed to contribute to the guide.

> BTW, patch below to configure.in to fix typos.

Thanks.