Re: schema in root DSE?

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:

> BTW, I have a problem with the presence or absence of the objectclass
> attribute type in the root DSE.  What are the objectclasses of the root

FWIW, the Novell DS appears to return this (www.nldap.com):

objectClass=top
objectClass=treeRoot
revision=34
treeName=DEVNET-TREE

...and I've certainly never heard of an objectclass named treeroot.

It seems to me that RFC 2251 is explicit about operational attributes
not being returned unless requested by name; so putting an objectclass
in the root DSE violates that, as it returns the whole root DSE.

That having been said, it's pretty handy :-)

Bert Vermeulen
bert@biot.com