Re: Dumping the database as root

"Efgé" wrote:

> This reminds me of a problem : when I have to dump a database, I first
> considered using ldbmcat but this is not acceptable because it returns
> the entries in a semi-random order, which makes it impossible to rebuild

The order should be strictly the order the entries were
added. If they were added over-the-wire, this should
correspond to children after parents. Perhaps you're
running on a little-endian architecture, and the OpenLDAP
code isn't converting the entry ID to the big-endian
form for storage in the database ? If this is the case,
then the ordering from ldbmcat will indeed appear strange.