RE: NIS serving?

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Luke Howard wrote:

> > There is a program called ypldap at www.padl.com (it's commercial).
> > I've never used it, but it acts as a gateway between LDAP and NIS
> > clients (I think it works with OpenLDAP).
>
> The program is called ypldapd, and it does work with OpenLDAP. (In fact,
> that's what we're using right now.)

Thank you for your replies about the commercial "ypldapd".

I have just found Luke's own RFC 2307.  It mentions (page 10):
   "... one could emulate a supported nameservice (such as NIS).  ... In
    the case of NIS, reference implementations are widely available and
    the RPC interface is well-known".

Where might one begin the treasure hunt for these?

:  Phone:    +44 191 374 2882 (ddi)         South Road            :
:  Fax:      +44 191 374 7759               Durham                :
:  Internet: T.D.Lee@durham.ac.uk           U.K.                  :