RE: connection management issues

> I believe both are about the same level of complexity and would require
> similiar amounts of time.   With option 1, we maintain
> -DNO_THREAD but do not
> make any significant architectural improvements.  With option 2 we gain a
> thread pool, but lose -DNO_THREAD support.
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?

Go with the path that creates the least future problems.  If the thread pool
will be of great use later in development, go that way, otherwise go with
option 1, which allows non-threaded support.

Is losing non-threaded support of major impact, given that mit-pthreads
exist, and most major operating systems now have threads of their own?