Re: Sparc Solaris 2.5 and the tests

At 07:46 PM 1/13/99 -0600, Randy Kunkee wrote:
>I can eliminate the error message by either adding "-z 0", or "-z 20"
>(there are 19 objects in the test database nears as I can tell).

I've added an LDAPNOINIT environment flag to disable implicit
session defaulting.  This should be set by the "all" script.

I'm also thinking of changing the code such that the defaulting
requires an explicit API call.

>On another point, I have a patch for systems which have one less arg
>in gethostbyname_r and gethostbyaddr_r than was used in
>libraries/libldap/util-int.c.  This needs to be wrapped in some
>conditional compilation code before it is submitted, but it does
>appear to work.

You should be able to construct a test based upon the ctime_r
test (in build/openldap.m4).  I would only test the number of
args of one of gethostby{name,addr}_r (which ever was easier).

BTW, I found that HP-UX 10.20:
      int gethostbyname_r(const char *name,
                          struct hostent *result,
                          struct hostent_data *buffer);