Re: Openldap ldbm cache corruption

At 16:28 12.01.99 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>I've made some changes to resolve some ldbm cache corruption
>problems associated with delete calls.   I've added an e_ndn
>field (normalized dn) field to the Entry which is populated
>with dn_normalize( e->e_dn ).  I've update the cache_entrydn_cmp
>to use strcasecmp e_ndn instead of e_dn.

it might be nice to downcase rather than upcase - seems weird, but
there's a couple of cases (German double S, French (France) accents)
where a downcase preserves information that upcase loses, if done
according to a native locale.

OTOH, you might want to lose that info, so that it compares better.

You won't run into trouble until someone starts using UTF-8 DNs with
strange characters, but why not.....

(does the ldap server run in a fixed locale, or is it "host's locale"?
strcasecmp is locale sensitive, I think)

                     Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no