Re: slapd dumps core.

I would need additional information, such as a debugger backtrace,
to sort out what going wrong.

You might check out ITS#31:
http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi/Software?id=31;user=guest

I recommend you apply the following patch:
http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/servers/slapd/back-shell/delete.c.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

You might check out ITS#29 which we are still investigating.

Kurt

At 12:11 PM 1/7/99 -0600, Robert Rothlisberger wrote:
>Hi,
>	My slapd (1.0.2 and 1.1.2 release) dumps core on the first
>search after
>	I delete 220 records.  If I break it down into individuale
>deletes, then it dumps
>	on the first search after the 74 delete.  ( If I restart slapd
>and continue the record
>	number varies.)
>
>	This happens every time, not just occasionally.
>
>	The following is the output of slapd -d255
>
>=> id2entry_r( 1239 )
>=> ldbm_cache_open( "/var/ldap/netdoxcertowner/id2entry.gdbm", 2, 600 )
><= ldbm_cache_open (cache 1)
>=> str2entry
><= str2entry 0xd0038
>entry_rdwr_rlock: ID: 1239
>Bus Error(coredump)
>
>	Not sure if this has been addressed, but at this point I am not
>	sure if the delete's are corrupting the whole database or just
>	the cahced copy.

>	Tried recompiling with the cahce disabled
>	but got the same results.

There is no configure option to disable LDBM caching.
Likely you disabled client-side caching with '--disable-cache'.

Kurt