Netscape Communicator 4.5 Roaming Profiles and OpenLDAP

Hello,

I am new to this list, so please don't slaughter me if this topic has
already grown very old...

I am trying to get an LDAP server running in order (in part) to keep a
"roaming profile" for Netscape Communicator 4.5.  For those of you
unfamiliar with this feature, one can store their bookmarks and other
personal information on an LDAP server, then connect to it from anywhere and
recover their profile information (great for us contractors :-)

So far I have taken a look at both the UMich 3.3 and OpenLDAP devel servers.
My assumption was since Netscape forked UMich some time ago, the
configuration changes they posted some time ago might work, but that isn't
the case.  The instructions that they have for this are at
http://help.netscape.com/products/client/communicator/manual_roaming2.html.
When I put these commands in, I get these errors:

ns# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d63
slapd 1.0-stable (Mon Nov  9 23:34:09 PST 1998)
        root@ns.digidemic.com:/usr/local/src/ldap/servers/slapd
/usr/local/etc/ldap/slapd.netscape.conf: line 13: unknown syntax "(null)" in
attribute line (ignored)
possible syntaxes are "cis", "ces", "tel", "dn", or "bin"
/usr/local/etc/ldap/slapd.netscape.conf: line 21: expecting "requires" or
"allows" got "oid"
<oc clause> ::= objectclass <ocname>
                [ requires <attrlist> ]
                [ allows <attrlist> ]

It looks like netscape understands the concept of an OID that the other
servers do not, as well as the concept of an 'integer' type.

I guess I am just pretty clueless as to how to move on.  The esoterics of
LDAP aren't quite my forte.

If anyone has any ideas on this or has made the two programs work together,
I would love to hear your story...

Thanks!

Brian Topping