Re: aliased bases

At 17:30 19.10.98 +0000, Will Ballantyne wrote:

>I think the tricky part would be the delete.  There should be a mechanism
for alias deletion
>on deletion of the aliased object or you will get a lot of dangling
aliases.  I should read
>through the draft before commenting further as these things may be covered.

In the X.500 series, an alias is a pointer just like an URL; it may
point to an entry under completely different administration, so in general
guaranteed deletion of all aliases to an object is impractical, to put
it mildly.

That said, admin tools that help deal with dangling aliases are a Good Thing.

                     Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no