Re: aliased bases

> Thanks, that was quite informative.  Having read through that I think there is
one important
> difference that suffix aliases are and should be capable of that would not be
covered in the
> specification of normal aliases.  Namely, the ability to pose as another name
space for all
> operations, not just searching.  Perhaps I should have called the feature
suffix
> masquerading....

How do you ensure that the client understands that one name is "masquerading"
for another? Don't you run the risk of having two or more trees--one for
the "real" suffix and one for each "masquerading" suffix? Or do you swap
out the "masquerading" suffixes? If so, "masquerading" is probably a better
description.

bob

Robert Streich			streich@slb.com
Schlumberger			512-331-3318 (voice)