Re: aliased bases

Raj,  the modifications are to the openldap 1.0.2 code.  Not sure what you
could do with Netscape.

The changes consisted of changing the config code to read an arbitrary set of
suffixAlias specifications of the form suffixAlias <alias> <aliased base>
from the config file in the backend portion.  The information is stored in
the backend struct as an array of strings.

The select_backend code was modified to allow searching the aliases if the
base did not match.

The search code was modified to translate the suffix to the alias and store
both the original and aliased suffix in the operation struct.

The results code was modified to translate the dn to have the base back as
defined in the search specification if the operation struct had a suffix
alias defined.

Unfortunately this has little to do with the problem you describe.  The
suffix alias code is meant to solve the problem of having multiple bases
associated with a single internal base so that distinct external names can be
handled transparently by one service, not having multiple internal bases
appear to be one.  You may be able to solve your problem by using a null
search base if Netscape allows it and you don't mind having it search your
entire directory.

The proper method would be to have the MTA allow for multiple searches.