[Date Prev][Date Next]
Added TCP wrappers support, built new snapshot
- To: ldap-dev@Boolean.Net
- Subject: Added TCP wrappers support, built new snapshot
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@Boolean.Net>
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:50:36 -0700
- Organization: Net Boolean Incorporated <http://www.boolean.net/>
I've added TCP wrapper support to slapd/ldapd! This allows
you to control access to your server via host_access(5) rules.
(requires tcp_wrappers's -lwrap to be installed).
I've also built a new napshot:
For ease of downloading, I've added symbolic links "ldap-devel.tgz"
(latest development snapshot) and "ldap-stable.tgz" (latest stable
Also includes in this -devel snapshot:
1) detection of SunOS 5.6 as a separate platform
2) changes to THREAD_SUNOS5_LWP to support SunOS 5.6
3) changes to support POSIX_THREADS
4) changes to LDAP_CRYPT, now expects extra library
to be defined in Make-common. Extra library
is only linked in when necessary.
5) LDAP World P16 was #ifdef'ed out, causes hangs
6) changes to tests to work better within the CVS environment
7) Various platform compatibility changes.
I'd like to announce the general availability a distribution
next week (Friday morning) to the general public (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have changes you would like included, please send them to
the list (or directly to me) as soon as possible.