[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8825) slapo-memberof: memberof-memberof-ad doesn't work correctly
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8825) slapo-memberof: memberof-memberof-ad doesn't work correctly
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:00:13 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
--On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:14 AM +0100 Howard Chu <email@example.com>
> That's because memberOf is an operational attribute, so objectclass
> requirements don't apply. If you want to use some other attribute, make
> sure the schema allows it in the relevant entries, or use an operational
> Not a bug. Closing this ITS.
For historical purposes, it is a bit more complex than this.
It is not possible to include an operational attribute via the normal
schema methods. This depends on the "dsaschema" contrib overlay. That
contrib overlay requires development to support cn=config.
The alternative to using an operational attribute is to have a custom
objectClass where the custom attribute desired is defined as an optional
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: