[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8777) [LMDB] Closing read cursor uses already freed transaction (MDB_VL32)
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8777) [LMDB] Closing read cursor uses already freed transaction (MDB_VL32)
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 04:27:57 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Markus Junginger wrote:
> Thanks for your fast response.
>> Thanks for the report. Unfortunately your suggested fix means
>> the rpage test will always be skipped on read-only cursors, which
>> will break the rpage tracking if the txn is still alive.
> Does that mean it's not trivial to fix and will take some time?
Correct. And I'm still on holiday this week, won't be looking deeper into this
for a while.
> It's a last outstanding issue for a release, so I guess we have to find a
> work around until it's properly fixed?
Yes. Best is to use mdb_txn_reset/renew instead of txn_abort.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/