[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#8768) Syncprov shouldn't send a new cookie at the end of delete phase
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#8768) Syncprov shouldn't send a new cookie at the end of delete phase
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 17:34:05 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Ondrej Kuznik
Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
If sessionlog data is available and found useful, syncprov will send a cookie at
the end of delete phase, itself followed by the entries modified since time
recorded in the client's original cookie.
Some of those entries might have been last modified before the new cookie's
recorded time and if the connection is severed before this is communicated, they
would not be re-sent under the new cookie.
To replicate this issue, in test043, configure sessionlog and after it has
finished, run ldapsearch with a cookie set to entryCSN from the mod that adds
dc=testdomain2,dc=example,dc=com and record the cookie returned at the end of
delete phase (it is the operation that deletes cn=Rosco P.
Then try to run a syncrepl search with the recorded cookie instead. Taking only
the information from this search and delete phase from the previous search, the
client will not see modifications to these objects:
- cn=ITD Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
- cn=Gern Jensen,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com