[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7347) Exclusive bit masks for: ACL_WADD, ACL_WDEL, and ACL_WRITE
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7347) Exclusive bit masks for: ACL_WADD, ACL_WDEL, and ACL_WRITE
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:36:10 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Although I know that I'm highly probable not directly addressed by the
question "For 2.5?" (see this its's notes), my answer/comment would be
"Yes", even "Yes, of course.":
As I think, introducing this feature into a later 2.5.x release seems to
be as problematic as its introduction into running 2.4.x, I think it is
a good or perhaps the best opportunity to introduce this feature into
the first 2.5, or 2.6, ... or 3.0 release.
Disclaimer (again): I do not mean applying my patch, which represents
just a workaround for demonstration/testing purposes. Sorry, I don't
know how to code the "the bitmask-separation" - but I could and would
help testing it.
By the way: Thank you very much for taking care of the its' incoming queue!