[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8546) "allow bind_anon_cred" in slapd.conf does not work as expected
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8546) "allow bind_anon_cred" in slapd.conf does not work as expected
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:26:40 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
The ITS system is for filing bug reports, not for asking help with slapd
configuration. The correct resource for configuration questions is the
Your understanding of how this feature works is incorrect. As noted in the
slapd.conf(5) man page:
bind_anon_cred allows anonymous bind when credentials are not empty (e.g.
when DN is empty).
The option you are looking for in your case is:
bind_anon_dn allows unauthenticated (anonymous) bind when DN is not empty.
This ITS will be closed.
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: