[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8560) Proxy Authorization is mentioned as a SASL mech
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8560) Proxy Authorization is mentioned as a SASL mech
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:36:46 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Rick van Rein
> Version: 2.4
> OS: N/A
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (2001:980:93a5:1:98ff:3cc8:e968:ded8)
> I found a nit in the OpenLDAP administrator's guide at
> It mentions Proxy Authorization as a facility of SASL, something I never heard
The fact that you've never heard of it does not indicate a bug. Read RFC2222
about authorization identities.
It is defined specifically for LDAP in RFC 4370. So the chapter title, and
> perhaps its ordering underneath SASL, are not perfect.
> Good luck,
Closing this ITS.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/