[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8551) allow bind_anon_cred in slapd.conf does not work
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8551) allow bind_anon_cred in slapd.conf does not work
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:52:25 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
--On Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:37 PM +0000 email@example.com wrote:
> To be specific, "allow bind_anon_cred" in slapd.conf does not work as
This report is invalid. The documentation clearly states:
bind_anon_cred allows anonymous bind when credentials are not empty (e.g.
when DN is
I.e., bind_anon_cred allows you to bind with a ldapsearch -W or -w flag,
but no -D flag provided.
You may be looking for:
bind_anon_dn allows unauthenticated (anonymous) bind when DN is not
Which allows one to bind anonymously rather than as a user, if the DN is
I.e., if using ldapsearch, ldapsearch -D DN without a -W or -w would allow
the bind to occur as an anonymous connection.
Hope that helps.
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: