[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8521) Cannot have replication working after setting up the replication config in slapd.d
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8521) Cannot have replication working after setting up the replication config in slapd.d
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 19:10:42 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Actually, it's an invalid issue.
The problem is all in teh sequence of updates on the provider. There are
6 possible scenario, depending on which order we inject the serverID,
teh syncprov overlay and the data :
1) data, serverID, syncprov : invalid. All the data will have a wrong
2) data, syncprov,serverID : invalid, same reason
3) serverID, syncprov, data : All work properly
4) syncprov, serverID, data : All work properly
5) serverID, data, syncprov : the corner case scenario... Syncprov has
no way to know which contextCSN to generate. The only way for the server
to replicate is to do an update, so that the contextCSN is properly
6) syncprov, data, serverID : invalid. All the data will have a wrong
Bottom line, *always* inject the serverID and syncprov *before injecting
some data, or be ready to do an update after having injected syncprov
Le 21/10/16 =C3=A0 23:45, openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org a =C3=A9crit :
> *** THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED REPLY ***
> Thanks for your report to the OpenLDAP Issue Tracking System. Your
> report has been assigned the tracking number ITS#8521.
> One of our support engineers will look at your report in due course.
> Note that this may take some time because our support engineers
> are volunteers. They only work on OpenLDAP when they have spare
> If you need to provide additional information in regards to your
> issue report, you may do so by replying to this message. Note that
> any mail sent to email@example.com with (ITS#8521)
> in the subject will automatically be attached to the issue report.
> You may follow the progress of this report by loading the following
> URL in a web browser:
> Please remember to retain your issue tracking number (ITS#8521)
> on any further messages you send to us regarding this report. If
> you don't then you'll just waste our time and yours because we
> won't be able to properly track the report.
> Please note that the Issue Tracking System is not intended to
> be used to seek help in the proper use of OpenLDAP Software.
> Such requests will be closed.
> OpenLDAP Software is user supported.
> Copyright 1998-2007 The OpenLDAP Foundation, All Rights Reserved.