[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8521) Cannot have replication working after setting up the replication config in slapd.d
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8521) Cannot have replication working after setting up the replication config in slapd.d
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:32:07 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
The problem is that if we already have a ServerID on the producer, it
will never generate a contextCSN, waiting for the consumer to send one,
or for an update to occur :
static int syncprov_db_open( BackendDB *be, ConfigReply *cr )
/* Didn't find a contextCSN, should we generate one? */
if ( !si->si_ctxcsn )
char csnbuf[ LDAP_PVT_CSNSTR_BUFSIZE ];
struct berval csn;
if ( slap_serverID || SLAP_SYNC_SHADOW( op->o_bd ))
/* If we're also a consumer, then don't generate anything.
* Wait for our provider to send it to us, or for a local
* modify if we have multimaster.
At this point, nothing happens when teh consumer connects for teh very
first time, because it is expected to send a contextCSN, which it
obviously don't have.
I do think that the provider should always generate a contextCSN for its
own data, when the syncprov overlay is added. that should solve the
problem. Now, I don't know (yet) what would be the impact on replication
if we do so.