[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7992) lmdb: Windows: assume file paths are UTF-8, encode to UTF-16 for WinAPI and enable compiling when UNICODE is defined
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7992) lmdb: Windows: assume file paths are UTF-8, encode to UTF-16 for WinAPI and enable compiling when UNICODE is defined
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 01:16:41 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Oskari Timperi
> OS: Windows 7
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/oskari-timperi-141205.zip
> Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
> The patches make some changes so that compiling lmdb when UNICODE is defined is
> possible. This is achieved by using the A-versions of WinApi functions where
> they are needed.
Thanks, this part of the patch was done in merging ITS#8069.
> Also use CreateFileW to open files so that one can use exotic characters in
> paths. The library interface is not modified, but the code makes an assumption
> that paths passed to lmdb functions are encoded as UTF-8. The UTF-8 encoded
> paths are encoded to UTF-16 which is then passed to CreateFileW.
This patch is now in git mdb.master.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/