[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8181) LMDB page leaks etc when treating DBs as data
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8181) LMDB page leaks etc when treating DBs as data
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:05:40 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Hallvard B Furuseth
> Version: LMDB_0.9.15
> Submission from: (NULL) (188.8.131.52)
> Submitted by: hallvard
> The user can overwrite or delete a named DB record
> with normal data. This leaks the pages of the DB.
> Also the new non-DB can then be treated as a DB.
> A fix is coming (from my branch mdb/bundle).
Seriously, why aren't we just saying "don't do this" and moving on? There are
lots of stupid things you can do with software. It's a waste of time and
energy to prevent them all.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/