[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8146) Slapd with mdb consumes 100% CPU if deref aliases is requested
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8146) Slapd with mdb consumes 100% CPU if deref aliases is requested
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:58:29 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Andrew Findlay wrote:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 04:48:13PM +0100, Howard Chu wrote:
>>> ITS#8103 fix crash with more than 65535 aliases in a scope
>> Ah - my test case does not have any aliases at all so it may be an
>> unrelated issue.
> I see, your issue is caused by the fact you haven't indexed the objectClass
> attribute. When back-mdb does a search to find all the alias objects in the
> DB, instead of returning zero, it returns unknown which causes it to loop
> through all possible entryIDs looking for alias entries.
> (On my laptop, "all possible" is 2^64 - 1 so yes, this will spin for .. a while.)
Fixed now in git master.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/