[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8027) ldapsearch -E deref=member: crashes slapd
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8027) ldapsearch -E deref=member: crashes slapd
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:27:37 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Ryan Tandy
> Version: master (7df548d), RE24 (2b14bbc)
> OS: Debian unstable
> Submission from: (NULL) (126.96.36.199)
> If you use the deref control but leave the list of requested attributes empty,
> slapd crashes.
> ldapsearch [...] -E deref=member:
> The ldapsearch manpage implies this probably isn't valid, but it still accepted
> it. (FWIW, I tried it just to see whether it would return all attributes or
> none.) I couldn't tell from draft-ldap-deref-00 whether an empty attr list is
> considered a valid request.
Patched in master to reject a request with an empty attr list.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/