[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8009) SUBSTR caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch for *Record in cosine schema
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8009) SUBSTR caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch for *Record in cosine schema
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:25:41 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Howard Chu wrote:
> I didn't know there was a new revision of the COSINE schema. Where was it
There isn't a new version of the COSINE schema.
But the attributes defined in RFC 1274, which were not added to RFC 4524 ,
are used in the usual DNS zone schema which defines object class 'dNSDomain2'.
The DNS zone schema defines more attributes for DNS RRs and all of them have a
SUBSTR matching rule defined.
If you reject this patch because you don't want to change a "standard" schema
the other possibility would be to completely hunk out these RFC 1274
declarations from cosine.(schema|ldif) to avoid collision with separate DNS
schema files adding them.