[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7863) Invalid DN syntax (34) not written by slapo-accesslog
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7863) Invalid DN syntax (34) not written by slapo-accesslog
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:23:06 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Michael Ströder
> Version: HEAD and RE24
> OS: Linux
> Submission from: (NULL) (188.8.131.52)
> It seems that modify requests which failed due to Invalid DN syntax (34) are not
> written to accesslog-DB. I guess that those requests get abandoned by the
> frontend and never reach the backend at all.
> It would be handy to see the invalid modify request in the accesslog-DB though.
> Any chance to achieve this?
Not likely. The frontend must call select_backend() based on the incoming DN
to determine which backend to invoke, and thus which stack of overlays are
involved. If the DN is invalid, no selection can occur.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/