[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7724) Invalid FREE suspected in unbind.c
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7724) Invalid FREE suspected in unbind.c
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:51:26 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Michael Vishchers
> Version: 2.4.36
> OS: RHEL 6.3
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
> This may be connected to ITS #7723:
> in unbind.c, there is new code (newer than 2.4.23, i.e.) that takes care not to
> free the ld struct if some other thread is using it (line 82ff)
> Unfortunately, in line 102, after decrementing the ref count in this struct,
> this struct is freed nonetheless.
The struct is freed because it should only be used by one thread.
Read draft-zeilenga-ldap-c-api-concurrency. Closing this ITS.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/