[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7540) syncrepl "replicates" entries with unknown schema elements
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7540) syncrepl "replicates" entries with unknown schema elements
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:32:46 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Version: 2.4.34
> OS: Linux 2.6
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
> This is similar to ITS#6473, but somewhat new and unique to back-mdb and
> syncrepl fallback.
> If, during the process of upgrading a provider/replica cluster, a new schema
> element is introduced to the provider, and a modification introducing a value
> pair to that attribute is introduced to the provider prior to the replica having
> its schema updated, very bad things happen.
Don't turn schemacheck off in the consumer.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/