[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#7521) Passwords with either a comma or period don't authenticate against AD LDAP
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#7521) Passwords with either a comma or period don't authenticate against AD LDAP
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:50:44 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Tim Cera
Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
Currently using tikiwki (PHP) with LDAP authentication, and began experimenting
with xwiki (Java) also with LDAP authentication. Both against an Active
Directory server. With both systems you cannot authenticate a password with
either a comma or a period, so suspect it is the underlying OpenLDAP libraries.
The test password had both a comma and period, and the account is locked right
now so I can't easily test which one or both are required to activate the bug.
I did try looking for this bug suspecting that it would have been reported, and
didn't find it. Hope this isn't a duplicate.