[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#7424) Accept patch? Add option for not folding ldapsearch LDIF output lines
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#7424) Accept patch? Add option for not folding ldapsearch LDIF output lines
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:26:32 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Submission from: (NULL) (126.96.36.199)
RFC 2849 states:
2) Any non-empty line, including comment lines, in an LDIF file
MAY be folded by inserting a line separator (SEP) and a SPACE.
Folding MUST NOT occur before the first character of the line.
In other words, folding a line into two lines, the first of
which is empty, is not permitted. Any line that begins with a
single space MUST be treated as a continuation of the previous
(non-empty) line. When joining folded lines, exactly one space
character at the beginning of each continued line must be
discarded. Implementations SHOULD NOT fold lines in the middle
of a multi-byte UTF-8 character.
OpenLDAP (ldapsearch at least) has taken implemented that folding
behavior for LDIF output.
This causes trouble for anyone trying to use 'ldapsearch | grep <something>'
for one simple example.
Would you accept a patch to allow an option which disables line folding?