[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7364) mdb: clean up POSIX semaphores on environment close.
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7364) mdb: clean up POSIX semaphores on environment close.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:33:37 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> email@example.com writes:
>> The patch at:
>> Attempts to upgrade the lockfile lock to exclusive when closing the environment.
>> If that upgrade succeeds, it removes the semaphores.
> That won't help if the mdb proccess crashes.
If which process crashes? If some other process crashes then this lock will
succeed and remove the semaphores.
> Sounds like mdb needs some
> cleanup API calls. Maybe one which does the same as your patch after
> opening the environment - except it does not create any files, and fails
> if the exclusive lock fails.
Sounds OK. Could add an invocation of it as an option for mdb_stat. mdb_stat
needs to be extended anyway.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/