[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#7338) Problems changing bdb DB_CONFIG parameters using back-config
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#7338) Problems changing bdb DB_CONFIG parameters using back-config
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:01:56 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Matthew Hardin
Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
Using back-config to update bdb DB_CONFIG parameters has problems.
Changing the parameters with back-config does work, and writes out a new
DB_CONFIG file, but a database reopen doesn't occur and therefore the
environment is not rebuilt. Furthermore, if one restarts slapd, a checkpoint
occurs, which in turn causes mtimes to change in the database and so the
rebuild-env-on-dbopen step isn't triggered.
The proper sequence should be:
close the db
write the new DB_CONFIG
open the db
The checkpoint will take place before DB_CONFIG is written, and on reopen, the
environment will be rebuilt.