[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#7299) Memory leaks when using ldapmodify to add members to groupOfNames objectclass
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#7299) Memory leaks when using ldapmodify to add members to groupOfNames objectclass
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:00:27 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Jan Synacek
Version: git (c73ec15)
Submission from: (NULL) (18.104.22.168)
I'm using a 2-node mmr setup on my local machine - configuration files and
'uploader' scripts are provided in the archive.
1) I have the two nodes running.
2) Execute run.sh (only a wrapper for ldapusradm.sh) and start monitoring
slapd's memory usage.
3) After some time (at about 2k users on my system), slapd consumes a large
amount of memory which is still growing
Note that not using ldapmodify to add members to 'cn=users,dc=yes,dc=my', but
using it e.g. for modifying each user's email, does NOT result in any memory
I have also created a massif output using valgrind's massif tool:
I found a very similar bug (#7292), but I'm not sure if it's related.