[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7226) olcAuditlogFile At dos not accept multiple values
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7226) olcAuditlogFile At dos not accept multiple values
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:17:19 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> email@example.com wrote:
>> In general, I also prefer to have NO matching rules associated to attrs=
>> designed for purposes that do not require matching
> As said it's useful for collision detection in case of a modify. So at le=
> every multi-valued attribute should have an EQUALITY matching rule.
Every multi-valued attribute already does. They would be unusable otherwise.
This discussion is only about single-valued config attributes.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/