[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

(ITS#7193) SQL backend lost part of data on request

Full_Name: barlone
Version: 2.4.30
OS: FreeBSD 7.3
Submission from: (NULL) (

Good day. 

I have MySQL database (server 5.5.20) which contain data about peoples and
organizations. (Dump of this database and others files I have place on our ftp
server: user: alien password: neversaynever - read only

We need to get from LDAP accounts of peoples and organizations which have email
(to Mozilla Thunderbird mail client).

I setup OpenLDAP server with SQL backend, unixODBC etc. This bridge work, but
have serious problem - slapd gives not all objects. I record to openldap.log
full trace of loading slapd, connection of LDAP browser (Apache Directory
Studio) and searching the request with base: "dc=ffsua,dc=com" and filter:
"(mail=*@*)". At line #1432 backend-sql construct and run such query:

SELECT DISTINCT ldap_entries.id, orgs.id, 'ffsOrganization' AS objectClass,
ldap_entries.dn AS dn
  ldap_entries, orgs
  orgs.id = ldap_entries.keyval
  AND ldap_entries.oc_map_id = 2
  AND 9 = 9
  AND orgs.omail IS NOT NULL
  AND (upper(orgs.omail) LIKE '%@%')

Further in the log can be seen that backend-sql retrieves 19 records, but really
in database - 22 suitable records (records with id=83,92,93 losted, look to file
sql_query_result.csv). But if we watch in LDAP browser, we seen 17(!) records -
look to file ldap_search_result.csv, lines with o=...

I can not understand the principle on which the records drop out...

Please answer, what are your opportunity to address this problem. If you have
not - I'd rather know about it immediately - I will have to deal with the

P.S. Sorry for my English...