[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6947) ldapadd crashes with LDIFs with invalid line termination
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6947) ldapadd crashes with LDIFs with invalid line termination
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:20:37 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> > adding entries to LDAP database from file using ldapadd tool causes
> > memory
> > corruption error, when the last line of the input file is not
> > terminated by '\n'
> > character.
> Don't do that.
I agree. But the tool should not crash on invalid output anyway.
> > I am attaching proposed patch, which fixes this issue.
> The patch uses a GNU-specific function. Since GLIBC is not supported
> on all of
> the platforms OpenLDAP supports, the patch is not acceptable as-is.
Sorry, I missed that. I will fix it and resend the patch.