[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: (ITS#6831) Proxycache database corruption

ryans@aweber.com wrote:
> Some more information: once I changed the search base from ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com to dc=example,dc=com to "fix" the
> problem for that particular user (after which the original query with the ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com search base began
> working again), the following entries popped up in the log:
> ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/ryan-steele-110221.proxycache-log-fixing-broken-entries.log.1
> It gets stranger, though.  If I start out by using the root entry as the search base (dc=example,dc=com) with a user who
> is not yet in the cache, not only will it say it is ANSWERABLE (which it clearly isn't) and then return nothing without
> even trying to reach out to the upstream host, but if I then change the search base to ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com, I get
> the following error on the CLI (and this is with a successful bind as the directory admin):
> ldapsearch -x -D cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com -y /etc/ldap.secret -H ldaps://localhost -LLL -b cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
> '(&(|(objectClass=examplecomUtilityUser)(objectClass=examplecomEmployee))(uid=jdoe4))' uid
> No such object (32)
> Matched DN: dc=example,dc=com
> Debugging logs generated by that query can be found here:
> ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/ryan-steele-110221.proxycache-log-attempt-to-fix-broken-entries-error.log.1

I'm not sure I reproduced all the behaviors you were seeing, but I've 
reproduced at least one of them and fixed it in git. Please pull the latest 
pcache.c and test, thanks.

   -- Howard Chu
   CTO, Symas Corp.           http://www.symas.com
   Director, Highland Sun     http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
   Chief Architect, OpenLDAP  http://www.openldap.org/project/