[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6837) slapd doesn't start anymore after adding olcChainDatabase
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6837) slapd doesn't start anymore after adding olcChainDatabase
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 00:13:41 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
>> The cleanest solution would probably be to make olcChainDatabase
>> copying all of the attributes of olcLDAPConfig into it, and dropping
>> olcLDAPConfig itself from this situation. Too bad changing that now would
>> break existing deployments.
>> From a protocol point of view, olcChainDatabase could be derived from
> olcLDAPConfig; at this point the two could coexist in existing
> deployments. back-config could take care of objectClass inheritance while
> selecting configuration tables.
back-config already uses inheritance to order the objectClasses. But I think
it may be happening too late to address this. Still looking, probably a simple
fix in that case.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/