[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6491) LDAP Error code 80 - Dn index delete failed
Full_Name: Robert Hanson
OS: RedHat 4.7
Submission from: (NULL) (188.8.131.52)
1) start with an empty database; use slapadd to add a large (3 MB) database. 2)
Use ldapbrowser to delete nearly all the nodes. After this process, I get to a
point where a subnode can't be deleted; I see the message "12:00:27 PM: Failed
to delete entry ou=Agents, lcc=Call Center 1, ou=Company, o=Spanlink
Reason: [LDAP: error code 80 - DN index delete failed]
12:15:19 PM: Failed to delete entry ou=Agents, lcc=Call Center 1, ou=Company,
Reason: [LDAP: error code 80 - DN index delete failed]" in the ldapbrowser
Steps to reproduce: (on redhat linux; I think any linux will do)
1) build bdb 4.8.26 from the distro; build openldap 2.4.21 from the distro.
2) copy built slapd to an appropriate place. link it to slapadd.
3) FTP: ftp.calabrio.com, user openldap, pass *a68pcJH (Account is scheduled to
close 3/23/2010; let me know if you need the file uploaded again). unzip the
file, it contains the slapcat.out; a blank database (in a subfolder), and a
4) Edit the slapd.conf file as needed to point to the directory where you put
That was the setup, now here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
5) use slapadd -c -f slapd.conf -l slapcat.out to create the database.
6) start slapd (using slapd -d 1 -f slapd.conf)
7) use ldapbrowser to delete the "lcc=call center 1" node.
It takes a long time, but eventually you'll see it fail while trying to delete
the "agents" node.