[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6412) compute loop in openldap 2.4.20
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6412) compute loop in openldap 2.4.20
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:42:44 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Allan E. Johannesen
OS: RedHat Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (220.127.116.11)
In one server environment, I've found that slapd starts consuming CPU. I ran it
-d-1 and it seemed to run ok. Then I tried -d1. That usually worked, but on
one occasion it ran away, too. I think debugging affects the timing. My belief
is that it's in a certificate retry loop of some sort.
I'll attach a log of the -d1 output showing some cert retries. This run didn't
go into the loop, though.
The one debug -d1 which went into a compute loop was spewing these. I managed
to ^C it, but also managed to delete the typescript, so I can't show the
thousands of retries on the one connection which had kept it busy.