[Date Prev][Date Next]
Bug in deleting entry in MirrorMode?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug in deleting entry in MirrorMode?
- From: Peter Palmreuther <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:35:05 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=hWTp91fsjFMPUCYxFVeXomFfALv8y2E3T7fs5NL0N80=; b=PII7XW52AlkPm++77whtlUzLCzUY0y0kP5LCSWJgbTCeRazlawexn+RyA+aDqXLbIq h4mFaqCFB6wwPLNCu3OUMmtZ6Alkg+2pKyiah1CRKn3DJD8pnhYhoZJSI5wm2i0gR7XO 4OZTjTfiXJ3cEzUi8SWMMPFAUtXfH9xZnIo/0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; b=RGnbzjo4H7SEp/L9m0mnYL0UIC9GWmXnGGcRf/vMj715QQTHnPlYqH1ePaXTY5WOfO Gyy76Fw4VYVo+OI0uD0XadovXWymkov6w0LBxpAoQopwJvspazGyv3Bp91NuT3gDvaEv clmSL0GQ74DoaJuDRTu2lTzhexfTnh/DAqBBE=
I'm writing to this list to clarify if I discovered a bug or just did not configure OpenLDAP properly.
I've set up OpenLDAP to run in "MirrorMode":
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
The second server is set up identically, except "serverID" is 2 and "provider" is set to URL of first server. The fact addresses are "localhost" is because I replicated my main setup on my private server to better inspect and debug the problem.
When adding, modifying and deleting an entry it can happend I do get a positive return from delete, but a subsequent "add" fails with "code=68: Already exists".
This does not happen all the time, but often enough to name it "reproducible".
This seems not to happen if there's a "sleep" between modify and delete. It also seems not to happen if secondary server is down. So either I've got a configuration problem or there's a problem with synchronization.
Anybody here to help, tracking down this problem?
Thanks a lot, and