[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6310) Slapd with pcache crashes under load
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6310) Slapd with pcache crashes under load
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 03:57:21 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> No. Some overlay along the lines apparently mucks with e_private in the
> entry that back-ldap is sending. It's probably slapo-pcache.
You're right. Following the debug traces, it's merge_entry which is passing
the entry it got from the proxy directly to be_add(). But bdb_add() takes the
given entry and inserts it directly into its entry cache, instead of calling
entry_dup(). Since this particular entry came from back-ldap's stack, this
whole chain of events is doomed to fail.
I'll fix this by calling entry_dup() in pcache merge_entry().
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/