[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 01:11:12 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Jeff Doyle
Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
Occasionally, I will find one of my servers (running Debian/Lenny with
back-ported slapd version 2.4.17) in a state where the following occurs:
* Write operations will 'freeze' - leaving the requester at a frozen prompt or
frozen LDAP-client of some kind (from wherever the write-operation originated).
* slapd refuses to 'stop', even though it indicates that its waiting for "0"
processes to complete.
* Logs do not indicate a segfault nor any poorly terminated processes.
* Read operations on same server continue to function normally. Any data that
existed before the "freeze" is returned as it should be.
Servers are all fairly new, and reasonably beefy for their purposes:
* 6GB RAM
* 2+ GHz CPU, all QuadCore Xeon and all running amd64 kernel (current with
* Plenty of Disk Space (gigs and gigs)
* Servers are SLEEPING (0.00 avg load)
slapd is making use of 'tool-threads' with a value of '4' - however changing
this value has had no effect - Just a side note.
Inform me of any further configs and/or information that you need, and I will
provide it promptly.