[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6258) slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d returns errors without DB
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6258) slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d returns errors without DB
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:36:19 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Andrew Bartlett
Version: CVS HEAD
OS: Fedora 10
Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
When running slaptest to convert between slapd.conf and slapd.d format
configuration, before the databases exist, the slaptest returns with an non-zero
error code and prints warnings.
If I add -u to the command line, then it does not perform the conversion.
In Samba4's provision system, I wish to run using cn=config from the very start,
and so wish to do the conversion before the databases are created.
I had expected -u to quiet the warnings, but it was unexpected that it would
also not perform the conversion. (I understand it is also considered a 'dry
Can I have a new parameter added to allow a behaviour of 'do the conversion,
don't check the database vaildity'?