[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6249) Feature request: Password Modify ext. op. and anonymous LDAP connection
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6249) Feature request: Password Modify ext. op. and anonymous LDAP connection
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:47:33 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> email@example.com wrote:
>> Full_Name: Michael Ströder
>> Version: HEAD
>> Submission from: (NULL) (126.96.36.199)
>> I'd like to request that a Password Modify ext. op. request should succeed on a
>> LDAP connection as anonymous if the LDAP client provides the correct old
>> E.g. OpenDS implements it like this and it makes sense to me regarding a user
>> setting a new password in case of an expired password.
> Adding this feature would open up the pwdModify exop as a mechanism for
> password guessing attacks.
There could be still the bad password counter in effect just like when
processing bind requests.